As a result of my bad luck, my development machines died in this year (and the end of the 2009). That is the reason for the 0.9.3 release delay.
I have managed to make an ubuntu package (.deb) for ubuntu 10.04 amd64. This package is not perfect, and maybe it misses some dependencies. I want to note that i have no experience in making .deb packages, it is made using an automatic builder.
Said that, i can release the package to the wild.
You can read the changelog to see what’s new.
After installing the .deb, install the mysql server/client as needed ( if multiple POS terminals are going to use a single database, only install mysql server on one computer, and mysql client on all). And then you can create the database using the file included in the package, installed at /usr/share/kde4/apps/lemon/lemon_mysql.sql . Run the script as described in the wiki. If you updated lemonpos, then you may want to update your database, instead of running lemnon_mysq.sql, run the fix script if you update from version 0.9.2 or 0.9.1.
There are two PDF documents installed at /usr/share/doc/lemonpos/ on two folders, one for english and other for spanish.
If you got an error when installing the package, see the error detail, maybe some dependencies are not satisfied.
The dependencies for the package are:
There is a Release Candidate for the persa branch in the git repository, also there is a string freeze for translators. In the next week, the new version (0.9.3) will be released, with bug fixes and improvements.
The directions to get it are on the wiki
The new git repository is now containing the updated code. It is mirrored in sourceforge and github, being the main one on gitorious.
As the ongoing work on the merge, now the product editor is working fine with the new features. You can see a screenshot:
Yesterday was released the 0.7.3 version with some fixes.
From now, Im starting to incorporate new features that users requested. This requieres some big changes to the database structure, and starting at SVN revision 285 I have introduced new tables that will replace some fields from the products table. So I advice you to use SVN revision 284 or the 0.7.3 release. The SVN always has new code that im testing and may not always work as it should -now it has a floating toolbar for product filters that does not work-.
The big change Im working is to support different stores with a single stock managment from which a product could be sold from a different location -store,warehouse-. Also, a product could have peculiarities that differentiate from the same product, such as color and sizes, having the same code -and price,cost,etc-.
So, there are good things to come, stay tunned.
The 0.6.1 version is now available at sourceforge download page.
Here is the changelog:
CHANGELOG FOR LEMONPOS VERSION 0.6.1 (SVN revision 198)
Hotest new stuff:
– Qick-View Plot reports [Welcome screen – Quick Information]. Just information on sales, profit, most sold products and low stock.
– Transactions and Balances table viewer (Without filters).
– Introducing the new azahar class to provide all database access.
– Code cleaning completed (generating the new azahar class).
– New offers system, with date start and date end.
– Created three new icons (categories, offers, price-checker).
– Low security mode.
– Azahar code improved (removed some for/while unnecessary loops, some missing values when updating data). Thanks to Biel Frontera from Spain, whom found the bugs and sent me the patches.
– Adding terminalnumber field for balances.
– BUG FIX: Newly created categories not appearing in products filter’s combobox.
– BUG FIX: Categories now can be deleted.
– New filters for products (offers dates – by diferent ways).
– Graphic bar for discounted percentage of a product at the offers’ table view.
– A purchase action, to check-in stock purchases.
– Qick-View Plot/pie-chart reports [Welcome screen – Qick Information]. Just information on sales, profit, most sold products and low stock.
This may have some bugs (in fact, it has).
– Added login.
– Added style support.
– Implemented a new left menu bar.
– Changed the way to insert a category.
– Changed the way to insert a weight or measure.
– Spanish Translation (es.po) Updated.
– Low Stock Alert min and max values (used for piechart for now).
– Added one more filter for Products (almost sold-out items).
– Added viewing product list as grid/table at your option. This for better view when filtering.
– Added basic Transactions table-viewer (just a list with transactions, with filters)
– Added basic Balances table-viewer (just a list with balances, no filters yet)
– BUG FIX: now lemon stores sold units and date last sold at each sale.
– BUG FIX: A workaround for the oxygen bug for login/password dialog.
– BUG FIX: automatic showGridView button’ checked state is now working as expected.
– BUG FIX: ticket# validator When cancelling a ticket let enter no other than 0’s.
– BUG FIX: Disabled action “Start Operation” even if action is cancelled by te user. This prevented to start operations.
– BUG FIX: An issue was detected when testing with KDE 4.2, ticket dialog was not shown.
– Spanish Translation (es.po) updated.
– Improved loginwindow appearance, changed password dialog background.
– Improved login background, including lemon version.
– Added and themed a Price Checker for consulting product prices without adding to the list.
– Low Stock Alert min and max values (used at search)
– Low security mode (do not ask passwords).
– Saving balances on quit.
– Saving terminal number of each balance.
– Adding a configuration option for the time showing the ticket dialog on screen.
– Removed old sample data.
– Added database creation script to the instalation, installed in /usr/share/apps/lemon/
or /usr/local/share/apps/lemon/ depending on your system and configuration;
This will help ubuntu package’s users
– Added terminalnum flied to balances table (of course to database creation script).
– Adding new tables to save strings for pay-types, transactions-types, transactions-states.
– Adding an upgrade script, to upgrade your database from 0.5 to 0.6 version of lemon POS.
– Changing transaction state ids to start at 1 (not at 0). Mysql refused to insert a new record with 0 in the id. All code related was changed too. If you have a populated database with old transactions types ids, change all id=0 to 1, id=1 to 2, id=2 to 3.
I have been working to rewrite some code in lemonpos to separate a little more the logic and presentation from the data access. It’s a hard work to complete this task, but the result will help to have a more readable and maintainable code. Aside this work, I have been adding things and correcting the database structure.
The new things include a new dialog to check prices without entering items into the “basket”, accessible with a simple key stroke. A new field in the offers-table of the database to store begining of offers. Code to delete offers when deleting products. Filter for the offers now works, and you can filter offers by dates (month offers, finished offers) in the administration tool.
I hope, in a couple of weeks, to make a new release.
Now, editing an item offer, the appropiate editor is created when double click on each field at the tableview. It sets minimum and maximum values for each data field, so you cannot accidentally set a month=30 or a day=90.
After some weeks of inactivity, i have to make little improvements each week.